Today, we're going to take a different look at medical advances. We're going to go back almost a year to what has transpired in research on Heart Disease. Here is a top five look from 2010:
1) Tailored treatment for those with diabetes (While not the same disease, those with diabetes have an increased risk of heart disease. 2 to 4 times higher in fact.)
2) Alternatives for those with aortic blockage such as the transcatheter aortic valve implantation or TAVI for short.
3) Reducing stroke risk in atrial fibrillation.
4) Updating the CPR guidelines to help save those before help can arrive.
5) New shunts, or catheter type balloons, for infants born with congenital heart disease.
For further reading: